Dr. I. Chisom Unegbu, Educator, Writer and Motivational Speaker
Who Is Dr. Unegbu?
Dr. I. Chisom Unegbu is originally from Nigeria, but has lived in the U.S. for much of her life. She has a bachelor's degree in Broadcast Communication from the University of Texas at Arlington, a master's degree in Human Resource Development from the University of Texas at Tyler and a doctorate in Education in Educational Leadership from Dallas Baptist University in Dallas, Texas. She is a full time community college professor. She is also author of, When All the Locusts Had Eaten, a children's book, available on Amazon.
She is a regular contributor to the Contemporary African Women blog, iveryarie.com.
Some of her articles for Ivery Arie include:
- The Power of a Father's Presence: iveryarie.com/2018/06/17/the-power-of-a-fathers-presence/
- For Better or For Worse...But Mainly for Better: iveryarie.com/2018/06/13/for-better-or-for-worsebut-mainly-for-better/
- FinishEdD: A Working Woman's Journey in a Doctorate Program: iveryarie.com/2018/05/26/finishedd-a-working-womans-journey-in-a-doctorate-program/
- Health is Wealth: iveryarie.com/2017/06/21/health-is-wealth/
- The Mother-in-Law: iveryarie.com/2017/04/26/love-is-blind-marriage-is-the-eye-opener-the-mother-in-law/
- Love is Blind: Marriage is the Eyeopener: iveryarie.com/2017/03/08/love-is-blind-marriage-is-the-eye-opener/
She's worked in the radio industry, namely 89.5 FM KVNE and did an internship with Radio Disney in Dallas, Texas. She previously hosted her own internet radio show, Plan Be with Chisom for NaijaRadio234. Dr. Unegbu is also a motivational speaker. She is founder of Catching Eden, a wellness organization, focused on the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of individuals and communities. To learn more about Catching Eden visit www.catchingeden.com.
In addition to writing, she enjoys cooking, travel, reading and lives by the motto, "Feed your faith and your fears will starve." Dr. Unegbu resides in Texas with her husband and three children.